Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Action!

Today, I acted for the first time in a while. One of my floormates is a sophomore film major, and he just randomly asked me one night if I'd be in one of his class projects opposite another floormate. I didn't have anything to do this afternoon, so I decided to do it. The plot was about some guy who's a hoarder and an artist, whose girlfriend left him when his problems got so out of hand that he drove her away. We went to the set, along with a girl who was assigned to be a director's assistant or something, and it's this really fancy-looking apartment building. Which just happens to be my floormate's summer home. Holy. Crap.

Now for the actual filming. Film acting's a little weird, especially when it's a silent film. After setting everything up, which took a while, the fun stuff began. In the first shot, I was supposed to be encouraging him to let me help him clean up. That involved me putting a hand on his thigh, and in the first take our director friend prompted with, "Hand action!" Hilarity ensued.

We're all so mature in college. I'd definitely consider being in a movie again.

No comments:

Post a Comment