Thursday, September 22, 2011

Orientation Madness!

Orientation was crazy. Socializing with tons of people I barely knew, trying to find common ground. I quickly learned that I needed to get everyone's numbers, or else I'd never find them again. Within a day, I had some friends on my floor, and I'd run into the few people I already knew once in a while. The great thing about Emerson is that the facebook group is still very active, and if boredom hits you can just go out and meet new people.
 My favorite event was called Hooray! Everyone went into a massive room in a hotel, and some guy led us through a bunch of icebreakers. We had to introduce ourselves to as many people as possible, and then it progressed to hugging random strangers. I remember this one awkward guy whose face was mostly beard, but more on him later. After that there was a bunch of finding a few people and grouping up. I managed to find a guy I'd met at a preview event, back when neither of us knew we were coming to Emerson. There were some people that I met who were in my classes later on, and it was just a really great way to meet new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment