Saturday, December 3, 2011

You guyssss.

I presented my final project to the Creativity in Context class yesterday. We were told to do anything as long as it could be tied back to our classwork somehow, so everyone just played to their strengths and wrote songs/skits/whatever. I was going to sew, but then I had no idea how to relate it to class. I ended up with that scratchboard I posted to FB, because I could relate it to what we learned about George Orwell's idea of how the artistic process works. I kept it in this huge box from boots, because it didn't fit in anything else, and everyone was all curious about it. I don't really talk to the people in that class much, so I didn't really know what they'd think, but I pulled my drawing out of the box after talking for a while, and everyone was like "whoa." People even said I should start selling them! I'm seriously considering that, except that I doubt I could make much of a living as only a scratchboard artist. It was just really exciting, because that sort of thing hadn't happened to me before.

No comments:

Post a Comment