Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Eight Days Until Opening Night!

Has anyone seen that movie The Devil Wears Prada? I'm fairly certain that my life has become a less extreme version of that. I like being the errand girl for the show because it's just going out to take a walk and do some shopping. In some cases, that's awesome! But if you don't find the right thing, or if only three of the vests actually shipped, all hell breaks loose. I'm completely serious. One would think that maybe the vests could have been ordered a week or so earlier to allow for a buffer, but we're showing the director everything tomorrow and they're not here. I asked the man at the store what he could do, and he said that he could get one from a local store by Friday at the earliest. Although I knew that the designer would have my head for that one, vests can't just pop out of the ground! Even if they could, I doubt that they would just happen to match the other three. When I got back to the costume shop, I was bitched out because apparently I'm just supposed to "make it happen" despite the fact that shipping takes time. And then I was handed some money and told to find a strapless bra, which the stores conveniently didn't have. I bought the one that wasn't returnable, because it was the best that I could find. Of course it wasn't exactly right after all. At least this part will be over in a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment