Sunday, October 16, 2011

Swing Dancing

I finally did a more classy type of dance tonight. It turns out that my school has free dance lessons on Sunday nights that alternate between swing dancing and salsa. My roommate and floormate went last weekend while I was away, and I tagged along this time because it sounded awesome. Indeed, it was quite awesome. We had to switch people every time we worked on a new step, which was a bit of a pain because you then had to adjust to a new guy's dancing style each time. A lot of things were stuff I'd already known, but I think I'm a lot more polished about it even after the first hour of lessons. We did the whole routine (sort of) that people learned for prom, and then I'd done some of the more complicated things in the beginning of Footloose for Compilation. Granted, that was two and a half years ago, so I'm pretty rusty. I'm determined to become good at it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment