Friday, October 14, 2011

Um.

I went to a church and a gay club in the same night. Only in college, I guess.

Somehow, I ended up knowing a bunch of the really religious freshmen on campus, and I ate dinner with them today. They were going to some church thing for undergrads afterwards, and invited two of us who aren't exactly sure what to think about the whole thing. I'll admit that the band who played wasn't too bad, except that their lyrics were apparently hymns that everyone knew. As I was sitting there listening to some guy preach about how Jesus is in everything or something, I decided that the whole experience was making me feel very Jewish. Also everyone there was talking about the "evolution theory" as if science hadn't figured out how to prove it yet. Needless to say, my other not-very-religious friend and I won't be going back. We'd just kind of awkwardly sat there the whole time.

The gay club was mostly fun. I think I like straight clubs better, because this time the only guy who went after me was about 40 and had a seriously sketchy look on his face. Gross. He came back and found us, specifically me, a few more times after I moved to avoid him. Other than that I just danced with my friends, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment