Saturday, February 4, 2012

Crisis Averted

I was the second assistant costume designer for a club production of Julius Caesar. I guess that second assistant would have meant that I was the lesser of two assistants, since we were both listed as working directly under my costume designer friend who's a sophomore. I'd never met the other girl. Then, in the middle of the week, I found out that my friend, Elvira, had to step down as head designer because the show was going up in two weeks, and she was too busy. Two weeks also put it at the very beginning of my theatre crew assignment, so I wouldn't even be able to help at the performances. I was worried that I wouldn't be allowed to help with this one at all. Also, since I was now working under a stranger, I wasn't sure what she'd be like. I was still told that I should go to the production meeting, and see if it wouldn't be too much of a commitment.

Yesterday was the day of the meeting. Luckily, it turns out that the new designer, Sarah, is completely awesome and understanding. We're the same major, except that she's a year ahead of me and trying to switch into the more competitive program. Her design ideas are kind of similar to mine, so that's cool. Somehow it came up that she cosplays and goes to the cons that I've been to, so we geeked out for a bit and agreed that everything was going to work out just fine between us. I've finally found a fellow geek at my school!

No comments:

Post a Comment