Thursday, November 3, 2011

Weird Times at the Quidditch Promo

As you guys probably saw from my stuff, everyone involved with Emerson's World Cup Quidditch team had a mandatory spamathon. To do that, we were all at tables, and near the end we had to mix it up and sit with different people to get an even number at every table. Some random guy joined us. Here's a rough dialogue, and some after-events that weirded me out.

Guy: Hey, I'm [insert name here].
(we talked about normal stuff for a bit.)
Me: my email's down again from all the people. Damn it.
Guy: Well, what grade are you?
Me:...I'm a freshman.
Guy: I'm a transfer sophomore, so I'm in the same boat.
Me: okay...
(someone wins a tshirt for getting the most youtube hits)
Cute guy sitting next to her (jokingly): She's my girlfriend, so that shirt's mine!
Guy: No, she's My girlfriend, I want the shirt! (To me) She's not really my girlfriend. I'm single.
(people start talking about their living arrangements; I mention my dorm's name casually among the chatter)
Guy: Whoa, you live in Colonial? Which floor?
Me: the fifth floor.
Guy: No way! I'm on Four!
(I internally curse the fact that I assumed he lived off campus because he's a transfer)
Guy: Is that a fun floor to live on?
Me: Yeah, a lot of us are really good friends.
Guy: Maybe I should check it out sometime!
Me: ...

And then he offered to walk my friend and I back since we were all going to the same dorm. Luckily for us, some other girl was also heading back that way, so my friend and I just talked amongst ourselves and were able to get on a different elevator. I stopped in the common room to talk to some people, when the guy showed up on my floor. He asked me why no one was there, and I said I didn't know. I made some mention of needing to do my homework, and he left. In reality, I'd just wanted to post on here. I really should be more careful about who knows which floor I'm on.

On an unrelated note: I finally found out the name of that creepy guy with a beard from the beginning of school, because I have a friend who's in a class with him. I still see him everywhere, so that's weird. And he's forever known as Beardman, although his name was just as awkward as I'd imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment